Winnie the Pooh Quotes is filled with life lessons that have probably contributed to shaping the adults we are today actually quite the philosopher and many of his and his friends’s sayings have a thoughtful meaning, no matter how old you are.
Here are 35 Winnie the Pooh quotes will inspire you to live a better day.
1. “When you are a Bear of Very Little brain, and you Think Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
2. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
3. “But it isn’t easy,” said Pooh. “Because Poetry and Hums aren’t things which you get, they’re things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you.” —The House at Pooh Corner
4. “Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the forest that was left out by mistake.” —Pooh’s Little Instruction Book5. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
6. “Just because an animal is large, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
7. “Think it over, think it under.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
8. “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
9. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
10. “If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
11. Piglet: “How do you spell ‘love’?”
Pooh: “You don’t spell it…you feel it.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
12. “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
13. “Love is taking a few steps backward, maybe even more…to give way to the happiness of the person you love.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
14. “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
15. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
16. “Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.
‘Pooh!’ he whispered.
‘Nothing,’ said Piglet, taking Pooh’s paw. ‘I just wanted to be sure of you.’ —The House at Pooh Corner
17. “I wonder what Piglet is doing,” thought Pooh. “I wish I were there to be doing it, too.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
18. “‘We’ll be Friends Forever, won’t we, Pooh?’ asked Piglet.
‘Even longer,’ Pooh answered.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
19. “‘I don’t feel very much like Pooh today,’ said Pooh.
‘There, there,’ said Piglet. ‘I’ll bring you tea and honey until you do.’” —Winnie-the-Pooh
20. “You’re braver than you believe and stronger and smarter than you think.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
21. “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
22. Piglet: “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
23. “‘I have been Foolish and Deluded,’ said he, ‘And I am a Bear of No Brain at All.’
‘You’re the Best Bear in All the World,’ said Christopher Robin soothingly.
‘Am I?’ said Pooh hopefully. —Winnie-the-Pooh
24. “‘When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,’ said Piglet at last, ‘What’s the first thing you say to yourself?’
‘What’s for breakfast?’ said Pooh. ‘What do you say, Piglet?’
‘I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?’ said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. ‘It’s the same thing,’ he said.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
25. “My spelling is Wobbly. It’s good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
26. “But, of course, it isn’t really Good-bye, because the Forest will always be there…and anybody who is Friendly with Bears can find it.” —The House at Pooh Corner
27. “Hello, Rabbit,” he said, “Is that you?”
“Let’s pretend it isn’t,” said Rabbit, “And see what happens.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
28. “Owl,” said Rabbit shortly, “You and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest—and when I say thinking, I mean thinking—you and I must do it.” —The House at Pooh Corner