A beautiful life is one that makes you feel fully alive. Kindness makes you the most beautiful person in the world and make your life beautiful. Here are 30 Kindness Quotes that will make you a better person.
1. Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
2. Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
3. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
4. How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver
5. Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work.
William Arthur Ward
6. Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
7. Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’
Martin Luther King, Jr.
8. To be kind is good. To be kind without expecting anything in return is better.
9. A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.
William Arthur Ward
10. You can always give something, even if it is only kindness.
11. A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
12. Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
13. It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
14. Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
15. Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
16. I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.
17. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day.
18. We think too much and feel too little.
19. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
20. The point is not to pay back kindness but to pass it on.
21. This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
22. And so let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love, and once we begin to love each other naturally we want to do something.
23. Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
24. Make it a practice to judge persons and things in the most favorable light at all times and under all circumstances.
Vincent de Paul
25. Even small acts of kindness can make a profound difference to somebody else.
26. Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.
27. Though we all have the fear and the seeds of anger within us, we must learn not to water those seeds and instead nourish our positive qualities – those of compassion, understanding, and loving kindness.
28. Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.
29. Take one cup of love, two cups of loyalty, three cups of forgiveness, four quarts of faith and one barrel of laughter. Take love and loyalty and mix them thoroughly with faith; blend with tenderness, kindness and understanding. Add friendship and hope. Sprinkle abundantly with laughter. Bake it with sunshine. Wrap it regularly with lots of hugs. Serve generous helpings daily.
30. All the suffering in the world comes from seeking pleasure for oneself. All the happiness in the world comes from seeking pleasure for others.