1. Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy.
2. Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
– Lord Acton
3. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
– Abraham Lincoln
4. Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
– Robert A. Heinlein
5. What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.
– Alice Walker
7. We live in a world which respects power above all things. Power, intelligently directed, can lead to more freedom. Unwisely directed, it can be a dreadful, destructive force.
– Mary McLeod Bethune
8. Power is not an institution, and not a structure; neither is it a certain strength we are endowed with; it is the name that one attributes to a complex strategical situation in a particular society.
– Michel Foucault
9. When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
– Jimi Hendrix
10. I was now resolved to do everything in my power to defeat the system.
– Oskar Schindler
11. Authority, power, and wealth do not change a man; they only reveal him
– Ali ibn Abi Talib
12. Once it gets to a point where it becomes a matter of life and death to occupy a position of leadership or not, with an eye on future opportunities, therein lies the danger.
– Kgalema Motlanthe
13. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.
– Anais Nin
14. You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.
– Marcus Aurelius
15. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
– Leo Buscaglia
16. When I dare to be powerful – to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.
– Audre Lorde
17. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
– Norman Vincent Peale
18. This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy.
– Susan Polis Schutz
19. Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
– W. H. Murray
20. There is a source of power in each of us that we don’t realize until we take responsibility.
– Diane Nash