Top 50 Respect Quotes, quotes about respect in relationships, quotes about respecting others.
1. One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.
– Bryant H. McGill
2. Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.
– Albert Einstein
3. Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners.
– Laurence Sterne
4. Love is a combination of admiration, respect, and passion. If you have one of those going, that’s par for the course. If you have two, you aren’t quite world class but you’re close. If you have all three, then you don’t need to die; you’re already in heaven.
– William Wharton
5. Give the respect you want to receive; embody the grace you hope to encounter; and help others with no expectations whatsoever.
– Cory Booker
6. Clint Eastwood quote: Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both…
Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.
– Clint Eastwood
7. They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them.
– Mahatma Gandhi
8. What is the quality of your intent? Certain people have a way of saying things that shake us at the core. Even when the words do not seem harsh or offensive, the impact is shattering. What we could be experiencing is the intent behind the words. When we intend to do good, we do. When we intend to do harm, it happens. What each of us must come to realize is that our intent always comes through.
– Thurgood Marshall
9. Show respect to all people, but grovel to none.
10. The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all others, charity.
– Benjamin Franklin
11. You have to accept the fact that some people are never going to be for you. Treat them with respect, but you don’t need their approval to fulfill your destiny.
– Joel Osteen
12. To heal will require real effort, and a change of heart, from all of us. To heal means that we will begin to look upon one another with respect and tolerance instead of prejudice, distrust and hatred. We will have to teach our children-as well as ourselves-to love the diversity of humanity….We can do it. Yes, you and I and all of us together. Now is the time. Now is the only possible time. Let the Great Healing begin.
– Leonard Peltier
13. Self-respect cannot be hunted. It cannot be purchased. It is never for sale. It cannot be fabricated out of public relations. It comes to us when we are alone, in quiet moments, in quiet places, when we suddenly realize that, knowing the good, we have done it; knowing the beautiful, we have served it; knowing the truth we have spoken it
– Alfred Whitney Griswold
14. Be beautiful if you can, wise if you want to, but be respected – that is essential.
– Anna Gould
15. Being brilliant is no great feat if you respect nothing.
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
16. Nelson Mandela quote: For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but…
For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
– Nelson Mandela
17. The American ideal is not that we all agree with each other, or even like each other, every minute of the day. It is rather that we will respect each other’s rights, especially the right to be different, and that, at the end of the day, we will understand that we are one people, one country, and one community, and that our well-being is inextricably bound up with the well-being of each and every one of our fellow citizens.
– C. Everett Koop
18. I’m not concerned with your liking or disliking me… All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.
– Jackie Robinson
19. If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.
– Fyodor Dostoevsky
20. Work hard, don’t quit, be appreciative, be thankful, be grateful, be respectful, also to never whine ever, never complain, and, always, for crying out loud, keep a sense of humor.
– Michael Keaton
21. We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws.
– Hunter S. Thompson
22. Respect yourself and others will respect you.
23. I must respect the opinions of others even if I disagree with them.
– Herbert H. Lehman
24. Albert Schweitzer quote: Any religion or philosophy which is not based on a respect for life…
Any religion or philosophy which is not based on a respect for life is not a true religion or philosophy.
– Albert Schweitzer
25. I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.
– Edward Gibbon
26. If one doesn’t respect oneself one can have neither love nor respect for others.
– Ayn Rand
27. Respect is not ever assigned; it’s earned.
– Linda Tripp
28. Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.
– Bruce Lee
29. No man is above the law, and no man is below it.
– Theodore Roosevelt
30. I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity.
– Julius Erving
31. Anton Chekhov quote: Love, friendship and respect do not unite people as much as common hatred…
Love, friendship and respect do not unite people as much as common hatred for something.
– Anton Chekhov
32. Everyone in society should be a role model, not only for their own self-respect, but for respect from others.
– Barry Bonds
33. There is no respect for others without humility in one’s self.
– Henri Frederic Amiel
34. I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.
– Albert Einstein
35. What women want is what men want. They want respect.
– Marilyn vos Savant
36. Empathy is a respectful understanding of what others are experiencing. Instead of offering empathy, we often have a strong urge to give advice or reassurance and to explain our own position or feeling. Empathy, however, calls upon us to empty our mind and listen to others with our whole being.
– Marshall B. Rosenberg
37. Respect is what we owe; love, what we give.
– Philip James Bailey
38. I have no right, by anything I do or say, to demean a human being in his own eyes. What matters is not what I think of him; it is what he thinks of himself. To undermine a man’s self-respect is a sin.
– Antoine de Saint-Exupery
39. Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.
– Abraham Joshua Heschel
40. That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong.
– William J. H. Boetcker
41. Frederick Douglass quote: I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring…
I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.
– Frederick Douglass
42. You should respect each other and refrain from disputes; you should not, like water and oil, repel each other, but should, like milk and water, mingle together.
– Gautama Buddha
43. We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
– Martin Luther King, Jr.
44. Never violate the sacredness of your individual self-respect.
– Theodore Parker
45. True love blooms when we care more about another person than we care about ourselves. That is Christ’s great atoning example for us, and it ought to be more evident in the kindness we show, the respect we give, and the selflessness and courtesy we employ in our personal relationships.
– Jeffrey R. Holland
46. Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear.
– Albert Camus
47. An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
– Martin Luther King, Jr.
48. In my day, we didn’t have self-esteem, we had self-respect, and no more of it than we had earned.
– Jane Haddam
49. William Arthur Ward quote: Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy, to…
Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate.
– William Arthur Ward
50. If we as a people realized the greatness from which we came we would be less likely to disrespect ourselves.
– Marcus Garvey